All personal information we hold is processed in strict accordance with current General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other data protection and privacy legislation, where applicable.
We will always refer to this Policy when we ask you for your consent. We will keep this Policy updated to show you all the things we do with your personal information, so that you can be confident when sharing your information with us that it will be used only for what we say here.
2. WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
The Richard III Society is an international membership organisation headquartered in the UK that promotes research into the life and times of Richard III. You can find our full contact details in section 11 of this policy.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will collect personal information from you when you join our Society, order something from our Society Shop, participate in one of our study days, events, or visits, or contact us through our website. This may include your name, title, email address, physical address, telephone numbers, membership number, payment information, and any other information about you that you choose to divulge (e.g. your occupation or interests) that might assist in the Society’s activities and mission. No information is collected through our website other than through cookies (see section 9).
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information you provide to us will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection or registration, in accordance with the preferences you express. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Administration of membership
- Distribution of our publications
- Administration of study days, events or visits
- Fulfilment of orders for goods and services requested
- Administration of donations and legacies
- Communications from us about Ricardian-related activities that we think may be of interest to you, if you request to join our email list (RIII Mailings)
- Publication of the names of new members in the Ricardian Bulletin, if you agree to this when joining
- Research and statistical analysis on memberships (reported only in the aggregate)
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third party group, where necessary:
- MailChimp, who provide email services for our Ricardian-related communications
When we do allow third parties access to your information as set out above, we will always have complete control of what they see, what they are allowed to do with it, and for how long they can see it.
We NEVER sell your personal information. We never share it with third parties other than as stated above. You are always in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices by contacting us as set out in section 11 below.
We retain your information for the shortest appropriate period for each of our purposes a set out in section 4 above, and we review these regularly to ensure we are not holding it for longer than necessary.
Where we need your consent, we will ensure always that you are as fully informed as possible on what we do with your information, with whom it may be shared, and how long we will keep it, at the time you give it.
7. YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
At any time in the future you can ask us to delete any or all of your data. You also have the right to ask us, in writing, for a copy of all the personal data held about you (this is known as a ‘subject access request’).
If you request a copy of your personal data, it will be sent to you as soon as possible, but not later than 30 days after your request. If you ask us to delete it, we will do so within 30 days unless we are required to keep it for a longer period for legal reasons.
Please note that if you request deletion of your address, you will be deemed to have resigned from The Richard III Society, as we will be unable to manage your membership or distribute publications without it.
To request that your personal data be deleted, or to ask for a copy of it, please contact us as set out in section 11.
8. UPDATING AND AMENDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If at any time you wish to update or amend your personal data or preferences, please contact us as set out in section 11. Such verification, updating, or amendment will take place within 30 days of receipt of your request.
9. COOKIES AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
You can download tools to opt out of Google Analytics at the Chrome store. Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instruction on www.allaboutcookies.org . Please note, however, that turning off cookies may affect your use of our website.
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
11. OUR CONTACT DETAILS
- Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To withdraw consent to receive our newsletter emails (RIII Mailings), click on the unsubscribe link in any of the newsletter emails. Alternatively, contact our Web Content Manager at email@example.com
- Society contact information may also be found on our ‘Contact Us’ webpage here.
- NB: If you are a member of a Richard III Society Branch or a Group and wish to make a request or enquiry about the personal data it holds, please contact the relevant secretary, whose contact details may be found on our Branches and Groups webpage here.